Hi, I’m Ryan and I am selling you the best tasting nut there is: the hickory nut.
Man, do I love hickory nuts! There is no other nut that compares.
- Eat them raw
- You can bake with them
- Make a delicious milk
- make syrup
- use the shells to smoke meat
I like to make a big pile of them and dump it into my mouth!
These hickory nuts were harvested in the autumn of 2021 from the 500+ hickory trees that I have mapped.
Shagbark Hickory Nuts
Shagbarks are on sale!
To purchase simply select the “Select options” button below.
I do not sell shelled hickory nuts!
Unfortunately, I don’t sell shelled hickory nuts at this time. I really wish I did! As you probably know, it is work to shell hickory nuts. There’s just no way around it. I deal with hundreds of pounds of hickory nuts every season. It just isn’t cost-effective for me to shell the nuts. I think the tedious shelling process is one of the main reasons we haven’t seen them in the grocery store. Well, I’ve eaten a whole lot of hickory nuts, and I’m learning the most efficient ways to process them. Right now, for shagbarks, it’s the Texan York Nut Sheller.
One of my main goals with this business is to figure out a way to mechanize the hickory nut shelling process. I’ll channel my inner Buckminster Fuller and try to invent something. I’ll report back to you soon. If you see hickory nuts in the grocery store, then just know that I did it!
⬇ Sign Up for Yearly Alerts ⬇Just drop your email address in the box below to sign up for the yearly alert. Every autumn whenever the hickory nuts are ready to ship I’ll send you an email letting you know.
Call me at 610-910-9764 with questions (You might have better luck emailing me).
Do you want to know more about hickory nuts? Or about what I offer? This is a new page on my site, so please be patient as I build it out.
⬇ Here are some supplies ⬇
How Do You Get That Goodness In You?
Delicious! Nutritious! Wild-Harvested! As natural as it gets! Hickory nuts!
Why do hickory nuts demand a premium price?
- They taste amazing., sort of like a maple flavored Pecan (hickory nuts and pecans are in the same genera)
- The nuts are high in magnesium and iron
- Shellbarks prefer being near water
- They are particular about where they grow (limestone)
- The trees take up 25 years before they fruit
- The window of harvest is short (a few weeks)
- They are not commercially available
- Harvest is manual and time consuming
- Processing is manual and even more time consuming
- You have to beat the chipmunks, who are racing the squirrels!
Shagbark Hickory Nuts – Grade A – 2021
Delicious, nutritious Grade A SHAGBARK hickory nuts cracked (with the shells) or whole.